Friday, October 8, 2010
Spaghetti and Meatballs (Eyeballs if it's Halloween!)
The kids LOVE this!
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 C seasoned bread crumbs
1 T ketchup
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1( 7 oz.) jar pimento stuffed olives (if making eyeballs)
1 (14 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
3 quarts water
1 tsp salt
1 (8 oz.) pkg spaghetti
2 T butter
1 can black olives, thinly sliced (again, if making eyeballs)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, egg, pepper and oregano in a large bowl..
3. Form apprx. 18 - 24 meatballs ( we like them larger and I make apprx 15). Press green olive into each meatball - pimento side out if making eyeballs).
4. Place the meatballs in a baking dish and pour spaghetti sauce over the top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
5. About 15 minutes before the meatballs are done, fill a large pot with 3 quarts water. Add salt. Folow the package directions to cook spaghetti.
6. Drain noodles and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss with butter.
7. When meatballs are done, carefully spoon onto the spaghetti. Spoon the sauce from the pan around them.
8. (If making eyeballs, garnish with black olives for eyelashes)