Monday, August 22, 2011
1 C chocolate milk
2 large eggs
2 tsp butter
8 slices white or French bread
Powdered sugar (optional)
Whip cream (optional)
Grated chocolate (optional)
Fresh berries (optional)
Whisk together chocolate milk and eggs in a medium bowl. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip bread into chocolate milk mixture to coat evenly. Cook bread on each side for about 3 min or until cooked through. Dust with powdered sugar. Garnish with cream, berries, and chocolate
Great after school snack for the kids (they can even make it themselves!) Or a quick breakfast for those "on-the-go-always-running-too-late-for-breakfast teens!
1 C Strawberry Kiwi flavor Nestle Juicy Juice
1 Packet of Strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast drink
1/2 to 1 C frozen berries
1/2 C ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
From Cooking Light Magazine
3 C buttternut squash cubed and peeled (you can actually get this already diced at Walmart!)
1 1/4 C fat-free low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 C fat-free milk
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 T fat-free Greek yogurt
1 1/4 C shredded Gruyere cheese
1 C grated pecornio Romano
1/4 C Parmigano-Reggiano cheese, divided
1 pound cooked macaroni (cavatappi or penne works best)
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 C panko bread crumbs
2 T chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine squash, broth, milk, and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 min. Remove from heat.
3. Place the hot squash mixture in a blender. Add salt, pepper, and Greek yogurt. Remove the center piece from the blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters. Blen until smooth. Place blended squash mixture in a bowl; stir in Gruyere, pecorino Romano, and 2 T Parmigano-Reggiano. Stir until combined.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and stir until combined; spread mixture evenly into a 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko crumbs, and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 2 T Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle evenly over the hot pasta mixture. Lightly coat topping with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately