Sunday, December 26, 2010
Candy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
24 C Popped popcorn (1 C unpopped)
1 16 0z bag of gum drops, cinnamon bears, orange slices...whatever you like!
1 C butter
1/2 C corn syrup
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 C mini marshamallows
1. Pop up your popcorn and set it aside.
2. Dice candy up into chunks. Snip it with kitchen scissors...it's MUCH quicker!
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add vanilla, marshmallows and food coloring (match it to your candy).
Mix well to get everything melted and combined.
5. Stir in candy.
6. Add mixture to your popped popcorn (make sure you use a really large bowl). Stir it all around until popcorn is well coated.
7. Form into balls and set on wax paper.
Yields apprx. 15 popcorn balls.