Thursday, September 1, 2011
Classic Fudge Walnut Brownies
I can't wait for baking season! So I'm off to an early start!!!
3/4 c flour
1 c sugar
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c bittersweet chocolate chunks, divided
1/3 c milk
6 T butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c chopped walnuts, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Combine 1/2 cup chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
4. Stir in butter, vanilla, and eggs.
5. Add milk mixture, 1/2 cup chocolate and 1/4 cup nuts to flour mixture; stir to combine.
6. Pour batter into a 9-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup nuts.
8. Bake at 350 for 19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
9. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.