Thursday, October 20, 2011
Apple Pie Caramel Apples
6 - 8 Granny Smith Apples
2 pkg Kraft Caramels (14 oz size)
2 T milk
2 pkgs Nestle White Chocolate Chips
2 tsp Shortening
1 c Sugar
3 tsp Cinnamon
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Quickly dip apples in boiling water. This removes the waxy film that is on the apples. Dry them thoroughly.
3. Place apples on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Place in fridge to cool 15 minutes.
4. Place caramel and milk in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring often until caramels are completely melted.
5. Dip apples in caramel. Twirl the apple around a few times. Hold it over the bowl and let it drip for a minute until the caramel settles. Place back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
6. When all apples are dipped, place back in the fridge.
7. Place white chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted, stirring often. DO NOT get chocolate too hot.
8. Add shortening to chocolate when it's completely melted and stir until incorporated.
9. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a regular cereal bowl. Make sure the cinnamon is mixed in well.
10. Roll apples in chocolate and let them drip above the bowl for a minute.
11. Roll in cinnamon sugar and place back on cookie sheet.
12. Place back in fridge for 15 minutes or so until chocolate hardens. I keep them in the fridge as they will start to "wilt" if they get too warm.