Thursday, July 15, 2010
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wraps
Another Schofield family summer favorite!
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt; divided
1/2 C balsamic vinegar; divided
1 1/4 lb chicken breast tenders
2 C red bell pepper strips
2 C vertically sliced onion
Provolone cheese; sliced
1/8 tsp black pepper
Tortillas of flatbread
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt over chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
3. Add 1/4 c vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done and vinegar is syrupy.
4. Remove chicken mixture from the pan; cover and keep warm.
5. Wipe pan clean with paper towel.
6. Return pan to med-high heat; add remaining 2 tsp oil. Add bell pepper and onion; saute 7 minutes or until tender.
7. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 c vinegar; cook 1 minute or until vinegar is syrupy.
8. Arrange chicken mixture evenly over tortillas, flatbread, or focaccia bread; top with pepper mixture
9. Arrange cheese over pepper mixture, and sprinkle with black pepper
10. If using focaccia bread, place a cast iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwichs; let stand 5 minutes.