Friday, October 8, 2010
This is one of my all time favorite recipes! Delicious ANY time of year!!! Makes a great movie night treat!
1 C unpopped popcorn
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter
3/4 C karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 large brown paper bag (ask for it at the grocery store)
1. Pop corn in air popper and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and corn syrup. Stir till boiling. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda.
3. Place popcorn in paper bag and pour caramel mixture over the top. Shake bag vigorously to coat all the popcorn. This is a great job for the kids! Or a great way to work out a little frustration??? :)
4. Place bag in microwave and cook for 1 minute. YES! I'm not kidding!!!
5. Take bag from microwave and shake again. (Shake Shake a Shake it!)
6. Place bag in microwave and cook again for 1 minute.
7. Spread caramel corn out on a cookie sheet or over wax paper to cool. (But it's pretty good eats when it's warm!!!)
You can also add your favorite munchie to eat like M&M's, nuts, toffee bits, pieces of snickers, etc. Go wild!