Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Orange Chicken And Vegetable Stir Fry
Thanks to one of my favorite sites....Jamie Cooks It Up! This was absolutely delicious AND easy. I would add a little more red pepper to the sauce though. Also try it with a little curry. Everyone loved it!
2 bell peppers (red, green or orange...you choose)
6 stalks celery
salt and pepper to taste (again with the "you choose")
3/4 C fresh orange juice
1/4 C soy sauce
1/2 t ginger
2 t rice vinegar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 t sesame oil
pinch red pepper flakes
2 T corn starch
1 C chicken broth
1. Cut those chicken breasts up into 2 inch cubes. Combine the flour and the 1/4 t salt in a small bowl. Throw the chicken around in it until all of the pieces are covered.
2. Heat up a large skillet. When it's nice and hot add 1 T oil and throw your floured chicken into it. You understand that I don't mean throw it in like my friend Pam throws a softball. (Fast as a rocket, I tell ya.) Just toss the chicken in gently, now. We don't want you to rupture anything.
3. Cook your chicken until it is golden all over. (About 10 minutes)
4. While your chicken is cooking up, chop up your veggies. Make sure they are about the same size. Don't get out your tape measure....just roughly about the same size will do fine.
5. When your chicken is pretty and golden, take it out of the pan and place it on a nice plate.
6. Add another T of oil into the hot skillet. Add your veggies and cook over medium high heat until crisp tender...about another 10 minutes.
7. While your veggies cook add all sauce ingredients to a medium sized sauce pan. Whisk them together until they are all combined nicely. Bring to a boil. Once it boils it should thicken up nicely for you. (Don't you love it when things act nicely....like when someone brings you some Diet Coke when you are all out! That is acting nicely!)
8. When your veggies are crisp tender add your thickened sauce and chicken into the pan. Stir it all around and there you have it. Serve over a bed of rice.